About the Position:
The Program Manager will be responsible for managing, coordinating the implementation of the Better Cotton Initiative (BCI) project. This will involve working with Producer Units and other stakeholders to identify key sustainable issues. Develop and implement training and capacity building programs, manage data and information, and provide guidance and support to Producer Units in implementing BCI protocols. The Program Manager will also be responsible for coordinating with the BCI-India team, collaborating with ginners and other CSOs working in similar space. She/he will focus on meeting core indicators of the BCI standard and driving subsequent growth and improvement
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Manage the implementation of the BCI projects, including planning, tracking progress, and identifying and addressing any issues that arise.
- Monitor data and information, such as farmers' field profiles, adoption rates of best management practices, and project result indicators.
- Conduct field visits to provide guidance and support to Producer Units in implementing BCI protocols.
- Write proposals, RFPs, and prepare presentations for management and high-level authorities.
- Collaborate with ginners and the supply chain team to improve the uptake of Better Cotton
- Carry out other responsibilities as needed to support the implementation of the BCI project
- Support Producer Units in identifying key sustainable issues and developing annual training and field activity plans, including PU-wise adaptable best practices that can increase farmers' income.
- Coordinate monitoring and review meetings and visits with stakeholders to review progress and identify areas for improvement.
- Focus on meeting core indicators of the BCI standard and driving subsequent growth and improvement.
- Coordinate with BCI-India to ensure that training and other activities are aligned with the project's standards and goals.
Key Competency and skills
- Strong communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Fluency in English and local languages (Telugu)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant software’s/tools.